Cancer Patient Follow-up
The Cancer Patient Follow-up module introduces the concepts and importance of registry follow-up with cancer patients. You will learn the COC requirements and exclusions for patient follow-up. You will learn the various sources of information that can provide the registry with critical follow-up data and the process for following up once a patient has left the hospital.
In this module you will learn how to:
- Explain the importance of cancer patient follow-up.
- Give the required rate (percentage) for follow-up in programs approved by the COC.
- List the types of cases that can be excluded from follow-up calculations.
- Describe the responsibilities of the cancer committee in cancer patient follow-up procedures.
- Describe the required data-set items by COC.
- List the possible sources used for obtaining follow-up information.
- Develop appropriate follow-up letters for different types of contact.
- Describe the follow-up process.
- Explain how the dual tickler card system is used for cancer patient follow-up.
- Describe the benefits of providing patients with cancer registry brochure.