Summary Stage 2000
The Summary Stage 2000 module introduces the basic concepts regarding cancer staging in general and its importance in the field of cancer registration and surveillance. You will learn how to assign the correct summary stage code using the summary staging manual.
In this module you will learn how to:
- Define the concepts of cancer staging.
- Distinguish among the Summary Staging system and other staging systems.
- List the five stage categories in Summary Staging.
- List some major changes in the SEER Summary Staging Manual 2000 and describe the significance of these changes.
- Assign the correct summary stage code to cancer cases using the SEER Summary Staging Manual 2000.