SEER Training Modules
11/27/12 - The NCI is working on updating materials.
- Older women are more likely to develop ovarian cancer.
- Nulliparity with continuous ovulation (in other words, no contraception).
- Personal history of breast cancer or endometrial cancer.
- Family history of ovarian cancer in a first-degree relative (mother, sister, daughter) or second-degree relatives (grandmother or aunt).
- Caucasians are at higher risk than African-Americans.
- Highest rates are in industrialized countries; exact etiology unknown.