Abstracting a Cancer Case
Abstracts organize, summarize and categorize the crucial information in a patient's medical records for each reportable tumor. The Abstracting a Cancer Case module introduces the methods and procedures used to diagnose cancer as well as the information that should be recorded on the registry abstract.
In this module you will learn to:
- Describe the types of information commonly contained in most medical records.
- Identify frequently used forms, records, notes, and summary sheets that may found in a facility's medical record.
- Describe how medical records are organized.
- Describe the types of cancer cases that must be abstracted, when they should be abstracted, and how to abstract tumor registry information.
- Abstract the pertinent information from a medical record.