ICD-O-3 Site Codes
Leukemia and Other Blood Diseases
Including lymphocytic and myeloid leukemias, myelodysplastic syndromes (refractory anemias), polycythemia vera, essential thrombocythemia, myelofibrosis, agnogenic myeloid metaplasia, and Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia.
Related Adjectives and Equivalent Terms
Leukemia = leuko-
- Chronic (C) a severe stage of chronic leukemia is "blast crisis"
- Acute (A)
- Lymphocytic (L) = lymphoblastic, lymphatic, lymphoid
- Myelogenous (M) = non-lymphocytic (NL), myelocytic (M), myeloblastic (M), granulocytic (G),
- monoblastic (M)
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)
- Acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) = Acute granulocytic leukemia (AGL)
Myelo- = bone marrow
- Myelofibrosis = fibrosis of the bone marrow
- Myelodysplasia = abnormal production of cells in the bone marrow
- Myeloproliferative = excessive proliferation (reproduction) of cells in the bone marrow