Adjuvant intracavitary or whole pelvic radiation therapy is recommended when the endometrial tumor is grade 3 or the tumor invades more than half the depth of the myometrium. For stage II or greater disease, preoperative intracavitary radiation and postoperative external beam radiation should be considered.
Radioactive phosphorus (P32) may be used for intraperitoneal treatment of metastases.
Drugs Commonly Used for Treating Endometrial Cancer
No standard chemotherapy regimen, although adriamycin and cisplatin have been tried in various combinations
Drugs Commonly Used for Treating Placental Cancer
- Methotrexate alone
- Methotrexate with leukovorin rescue
- Actinomycin D
- MAC (methotrexate, actinomycin D, cytoxan or chlorambucil)
- EMA-CO (etoposide, methotrexate, actinomycin D, vincristine, cytoxan)
- EMA-CE (etoposide, methotrexate, actinomycin D, etoposide, cisplatin)
Hormones for Endometrial Cancers
(for extensive disease or recurrence)
- Medroxyprogesterone acetate (Depo-Provera)
- Hydroxyprogesterone (Delalutin)
- Megestrol acetate (Megace)
Biological Response Modifiers
Under clinical evaluation.